Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Working on Mad Craft Skills

April seems like it's going to be the month of amassing some crafty skills.  Firstly, I'm taking Cal Patch's Pattern Drafting course online at Creativebug.  I have to admit, an earlier foray into online learning demonstrated that I wasn't so good at it; however, I will also have to acknowledge that I'm far more invested in this subject than I was in the other one.

That should be enough (considering I'm also grading end of term papers - yikes!), but this weekend I'm taking the Honeycomb Smocking class at the workroom, and at the end of the month, I'll be at Needlework taking the Fabric Bucket class (perfect to hold at-home knitting/sewing projects).  I'm trying to get as much into this month as possible as May will be all about riding my bike with my dad from New Orleans to Hamilton, ON.  I think I'll bring socks to knit along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing all these classes Claudia. You know, there is no reason why you can't dive into that coveted M&M Trapeze, I think you'll find it simpler than you imagine. Thanks for admiring my Lila, I know what you mean about Swans Island. It is an investment piece but I do love it!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've sent my material to the (solvent-free) dry cleaners so as soon as it comes back, I'll start on that dress. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete