Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fashion Blows

I went into Toronto today to see the Fashion Blows exhibit at The Bay, and I'm really glad I went.  The exhibit was intermixed with racks of clothing on the sales floor, making it feel more like clothes worn than clothes presented.  To underscore the fact that these were the clothes that were actually worn by Isabella Blow, they left all stains, cigarette burns, and tears as they were.  I really enjoyed being able to walk around the mannequins and see the clothing from all angles.  I did, however, have to restrain myself from reaching out and touching the material.


Junya Watanabe jacket; Alexander McQueen skirt; Philip Treacy hat


Alexander McQueen suit & top; Philip Treacy hat

Authenticity in action

There were a few text panels but not too many or too academic.



Deborah Milner dress; 1930's monkey fur jacket; hat unattributed

Hussein Chalayan dress

No comments:

Post a Comment