Monday, November 3, 2014

On My Mind Mondays: Going Home


It's been a pretty packed weekend here in the Bay Area.  I feel like I've been here for longer than the four nights I've stayed - in a good way.  It's been great seeing the boy, and despite the fact that he had to work every day of my stay, we spent a lot of time together.

So in addition to getting ready to fly home, I'm thinking about -
  1. The sashiko mending workshop with Katrina Rodabaugh that I took yesterday at the Handcraft Studio School in Emeryville.  What a fantastic workshop.  I'll be finishing the mending of my pants on the plane ride today.  I hope to post more about this workshop in the next few days.
  2. The yarn I bought at A Verb for Keeping Warm that I initially thought I'd start a shawl with on the plane.  What was I thinking?  Starting a lace shawl on a plane?  I'm saving that for when I get home and when I find the right pattern. 
  3. My boy.  Always.
  4. My birthday, later this week.  You know.  Just thinking about it.
  5. My boy's suggestion to get on Twitter, which, frankly I've thought was stupid.  However, he's quite convinced, and somewhat convincing, about it being a good way to get my work and what-not (I am not a brand) out there.  I'm thinking about it.
  6. Posting about my new tattoos (yes, plural) and the one I gave Ian (yes, I gave him a tattoo).  Here's one of my new ones.
That's my bike!  And it commemorates this summer's bike trip.
 Have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment